Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday....

I realize it's not really friday anymore, but I've finally caught up on my sleep enough to write again! We spent Thanksgiving up in Mackay with my grandpa Lambert and my Aunt LaRue and Uncle John and family. It was a wonderful day, full of laughter, surprises, and all kinds of games (including trivial Pursuit, Bunco, Apples to Apples, and the Wii). We got back to mom and dad's about 7 pm and started making our "battle plan." We are die hard Black Friday shoppers, and it's our tradition thanksgiving night to decide who's going where, for what, and when. We finally got to bed around 11 pm, just in time to catch a few hours of sleep before getting up at 2:45 am to go shopping. William and I were at Shopko by 3:30 and waited in line until 5 when they opened. We were finished there by 5:15 and head to Target, where we waited in line at Target until they opened at 6. It only took us until 6:12 to be finished there. Then it was on to Walgreens (which was already open but the sale didn't start until 7, so I took the opportunity to sit back in the pharmacy in one of their shiatzu massage chairs until 7 - what a blessing!) Then it was on to hastings and finally on to breakfast. Every year as I'm standing in line, freezing and tired, I wonder why I go shopping and I tell William that "next year we're sleeping in". But every year finds me standing in line at unlawful hours just to save a little money. I need to work on my long term memory! It was fun, though, and I'm sure I'll be there again next year!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I got up once at 4:00 am to go shopping at Kohls. It was awful!! I was very pregnant, was throwing up, and we stood in line for 2 hours. I decided then and there, it wasn't worth it. Phil still gets up sometimes to go with his brother, but only when he can't avoid it. I'm glad you enjoy it though. I hope you can still do it even after you have kids.

Chaney said...

I too am a black Friday shopper...always have been, probably always will be. Hence the fact that I stood in line for 4 hours for some fabric. Completely impractacle, but I saved $71, so worth it I guess.